Due to the latest spread of COVID, the ATPI board has decided to cancel the in-person conference for this year. Instead, ATPI will offer the normal Winter Conference contests for students and teachers during the same time frame.
- There is no conference registration required for schools to participate. Instead, just pay for the contests students wish to enter.
- Entry fee is $8 for individual contests and $20 for team contests.
- Teachers should complete the registration form by Feb. 15 if they plan to enter students.
- The contest themes for B.I.G. 72 Video (school contest), School Portfolio (a team of four students – multiple teams allowed), Picture Package (individual students), Beginning and Advanced Portfolio Reviews (individual students) and Cropped (individual students – limited to three per school) will be announced on ATPI’s Twitter feed at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 17.
- The B.I.G. 72 contest is due by midnight Central time on Sunday, Feb. 20.
- The other contests, plus Environmental Self Portrait, are due in the ATPI contest system by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 22.
On Friday, Feb. 25 ATPI will host our live contests. These begin at 9 a.m. Central time and a Zoom link will be provided to teachers for students to join a specific contest. This includes
- subsequent rounds of Cropped,
- Digital Image (individual students),
- Digital Editing (individual students),
- Artistic Video (a team of 1-3 students – multiple teams allowed),
- News Video (a team of 1-3 students – multiple teams allowed), and
- Faculty Digital (all teachers that register are in this contest automatically. No entry fee required.)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
- Contests will conclude by 11:30 a.m. Central, with the exception of the two video contests.
- From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. we will host a Zoom session looking at some of the entries from the environmental self portrait contest and talking about this type of portraiture.
- At 2 p.m. we will announce winners in all of the contests, except for video.
- The artistic and news video contests are due by 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26 and winners will be announced via Twitter on Monday, Feb. 28.
QUESTIONS | Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open for the 2022 ATPI Virtual Conference. Register students for contests using this link.
Conference T-Shirts and Hoodies
We will once again be offering conference shirts. This year we will also have hoodies available. Order shirts by January 31. If we do not have at least 40 items ordered we will cancel the order and all money will be refunded. Include money for shipping in order for items to be mailed to you.
Instructors may choose to direct students to the order site and have them pay individually (include the school name in the order) or order for everyone at once.
This year’s shirts will be black with the conference logo on the front and the manual cheat sheet on the back. Because of supply chain issues, two short sleeve options are available: A Bella + Canvas Tri-Blend and a Delta Tri-Blend. Anyone needing a 2X shirt will need to select the Delta option. Short sleeve shirts are $16.76-16.81, depending on brand. Instead of a long-sleeve shirt, hoodies are available this year for $43.10. All orders are done online.
Order shirts through this link.
On-site contests available to students and instructors. The teacher must complete the registration form to add students to contests.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
Deadline to upload Picture Package, School Portfolio, Portfolio Reviews, Environmental Self-Portrait and Cropped first-round entries.
ATPI Online Contest site
Friday, February 25, 2022
9 a.m. Central
Live Contests Begin
- Digital Editing
- Digital Image
1 p.m. Central
- Environmental Self Portrait entries session
2 p.m. Central
ATPI Keynote Speakers
Feb 1998 – Julie Newton
Feb 1999 – Dennis Darling
Feb 2000 – Judy Walgren
Feb 2001 – Keith Carter
Feb 2002 – Danny Turner
Feb 2003 – Dirck Halstead
Feb 2004 – Susan Kae Grant
Feb 2005 – Chris Rainier, sponsored by Canon
Feb 2006 – Robb Kendrick
Feb 2007 – David Hume Kennerly, sponsored by Canon
Feb 2008 – Bill Fortney, sponsored by Nikon
Feb 2009 – Jay Kinghorn, sponsored by Olympus
Feb 2010 – Gregory Heisler, sponsored by Canon
Feb 2011 – Robb Kendrick
Feb 2012 – Sam Abell, sponsored by Canon
Feb 2013 – Elizabeth Kreutz
Feb 2014 – Kirk Tuck, sponsored by Precision Camera and Video
Feb 2015 – John Isaac
Feb 2016 – Stan Godwin
Feb 2017 – Dixie Dixon, sponsored by Nikon
Feb 2018 – James Balog, sponsored by Nikon
Feb 2019 – Brandon Thibodeaux
Feb 2020 – Donna DeCesare
Feb 2021 – Pete Souza
Feb 2022 – none