In 1994, ATPI unveiled The Best of Texas High School Photography, an 88-page book featuring the best black-and-white and four-color images from students in Texas, and a set of five instructional posters.
Volume II of the Best of Texas High School Photography, which is viewable in digital format below, was unveiled at the national Journalism convention in Dallas in November 2002.
Volume III will be released at the 2012 JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention in San Antonio.
‘Best of Texas Volume III’ Dustcover Contest
- June 1, 2012 @ 5 p.m.
- All entries submitted by e-mail
- Students limited to two entries
- Teacher must be a Texas member of ATPI
Send entries to:
The best images in this one-time competition will scream “Texas.” They will let outsiders know what “Texas” is like — like a whole other country. The top image selected will represent the finest in technical quality, composition and the theme.
The top image(s) may be used on the cover of The Best of Texas High School Photography, vol 3 to be published in the Fall of 2012 by Friesens in cooperation with the Association of Texas Photography Instructors.
- Photographs must have been taken between Aug 1, 2008 and June 1, 2012.
- Students may not enter more than two images in this contest.
- The student must be enrolled in a K-12 Texas school to be eligibile to enter.
- The student’s instructor must be a current member of ATPI.
- RGB file.
- JPEG or raw if image was shot in raw.
- Full resolution.
- Do not resize or resample images that were shot at the highest resolution of the camera.
- Final image will be reproduced 12″x9″ at 300ppi.
- Images without enough resolution may be used elsewhere in the book.
- Complete caption information including name of photographer, school, student’s e-mail, name of instructor and instructor’s e-mail and the names of all identifiable people must appear in the Description field of the metadata.
Name images like this:
(# would be either 1 or 2)
ATPI will consider only entries sent by email to atpitexas @ gmail.com by the deadline.
June 1, 2012 by 5 p.m.
Contact ATPI for more information.