This scholarship is available for graduating seniors planning to pursue a career in education.
- No entry fee required.
- Letter of recommendation from sponsoring ATPI member teacher
- Written essay
- Digital portfolio of five images
- Received by April 28, 2023
Rules and Submission Guidelines
- Student must be a graduating senior.
- Sponsoring instructor must be a Texas ATPI member.
- The student is expected to show registration into a program of teacher preparation in order to receive the cash scholarship.
- Application must include a typewritten essay (no more than three pages) that discusses: where the student plans to attend school, why the student wants to be a teacher, a profile of a teacher that has inspired them and how/why
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s teacher must be included
- A portfolio of five images in digital format (JPEG, no more than 5 Mb each) must be uploaded
- A $500 scholarship will be awarded to the first place recipient. Additional scholarships can be awarded to other places.
- Support for this scholarship is provided by Arlington Camera.
- 2023 – Alexis Estrada – Smithson Valley HS (Spring Branch)
- 2022 – Emily Smith – Port Neches-Groves HS (Port Neches)
- 2021 – No recipient
- 2020 – Emma Kent – The Woodlands HS (The Woodlands)
- 2019 – Isabelle Vo – Westlake HS (Austin)
- 2018 – Malone Roberts – Advanced Technology Complex (Denton)
- 2017 – No recipient
- 2016 – Jessica Lord – J.J. Pearce HS (Richardson)
- 2015 – Savannah Pritchard – Texas HS (Texarkana)
- 2014 – No recipient
- 2013 – Bethanie James – Trinity HS (Euless)
- 2011 – Ashley Martin – Cypress Ranch HS (Cypress)
- 2010 – Monica Borja-Garcia – Trinity HS (Euless)