Use these instructions to properly format and add entrant information to your ATPI Photo contest entries. Winter Conference entries do not need “Beginning” or “Advanced” in the metadata.
1) Open the image in Photoshop.
2) Under the File menu, select File Info.
3) In the Description field, enter:
- Division (Beginning-MS/Advanced)
- Student Name
- School Name
- School City, State
- Teacher Name, instructor
Your description field should look like this: (notice there are no bullets before each line)
3) In the Title field, enter:
3) Open Image Size under the Image menu.
4) Resize the image
- If one or more of the pixel dimensions is larger than 2500 pixels, select the larger of the two numbers and reduce it to 2500 pixels. No other numbers need to be changed.
- Click OK.
5) Go to the File menu and select Save As.
6) Save the image as a JPEG file.
The file name must not contain any periods or characters such as #, or /. For contests that are not uploaded through the ATPI Contest site, name the file as follows:
- (student last name, beginning or advanced division, category name and image number)
- For example, an entry in the Beginning Sports category taken by Mark Murray should have the following filename: murray_b_sports_1.jpg
Image quality should be at maximum (12).
7) Upload your entries using ATPI’s new online contest site. Teachers must register first and then add student accounts to the system. Once student accounts are created, go to Active Contests and give each student permission to enter. The teacher must also set each student as Beginning or Advanced if the contest has divisions.
Questions? Contact ATPI for assistance.