Use these instructions to properly format and add entrant information to your ATPI Photo contest entries.
1) Open the image in Photoshop.
2) Under the File menu, select File Info.
3) In the Description field, enter:
- Division (Beginning-MS/Advanced)
- Student Name
- School Name
- School City, State
- Teacher Name, instructor
Your description field should look like this: (notice there are no bullets before each line)
3) Open Image Size under the Image menu.
4) Resize the image
- If one or more of the pixel dimensions is larger than 2500 pixels, select the larger of the two numbers and reduce it to 2500 pixels. No other numbers need to be changed.
- Click OK.
5) Go to the File menu and select Save As.
6) Save the image as a JPEG file.
The file name must not contain any periods or characters such as #, or /.
- Name the file as follows:
- (student last name, beginning or advanced division, category name and image number)
- For example, an entry in the Beginning Sports category taken by Mark Murray should have the following filename: murray_b_sports_1.jpg
Image quality should be at maximum (12).
7) Burn your final entries to a CD or DVD
All student entries from a school should be on one CD or DVD.
- Create a separate folder for each category the school is entering. (Sports, Env. Portrait, etc.)
- Inside each category folder, create one folder for Beginning/Middle School entries (labeled Beginning-MS) and one folder for Advanced entries (labeled Advanced.)
- When submitting images for the Top Program, Rising Star and Hal Fulgham Scholarship contests, label the folders with the contest and category. For the Hal Fulgham Scholarship name the folder with the student’s last name.
Questions? Contact ATPI for assistance.